Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Georgetown Cupcakes NYC Review

I always love to try new cupcake places and since i had seen the show I had wanted to try Georgetown Cupcakes for awhile .
 
They opened a location in NYC in Soho. I happened to check out the channel 7 secret sales and they had a coupon for half off of a dozen cupcakes so i quickly jumped online and placed my order for pickup that Saturday. I rounded up my friend Sarah and my mom and went to pick them up Saturday. I had completely forgot it was fashion week so Soho was very crowded.
I actually was able to snap two pictures while inside without a problem some places don't allowed that.
They has this fun cupcake art on the wall

I also saw this fun pinup street art on the walk back

I got them home and over the next 3 days my mom and I tried the different flavors we got.


Here is a review of the flavors we got
Vanilla and chocolate- this one is the vanilla with chocolate frosting the cake part was fine but when i bit into the chocolate part i actually wanted to spit it out that's never happened with a cupcake before lol . I didn't know till after i ate it that its made with callebaut chocolate which to me tastes like a dark bitter chocolate which i don't like.

Coconut - It said it was a coconut cake but it tasted like vanilla to me and I didn't really enjoy the frosting overall it was an okay cupcake.

Chocolate and vanilla- I'm confused here the chocolate cake part was good and the frosting is suppose to be vanilla but it was cream cheese when i tasted it overall it was another okay one

Vanilla Birthday cake- The cake part was okay and i really like the constancy of the the frosting but the vanilla tasted like it has been mixed with one of the fruit flavored frosting and I didn't like the taste.

Chocolate Peanut butter swirl- This was the best one out of the batch it was really good the frosting was perfect and there was a delicious chocolate filling inside as well.

Overall I would like to go back and try different flavors before i count them out for good. But i do take it a bad sign that the basic flavors were not that great.

This review was done on my own and paid for me and has no affiliation with Georgetown Cupcakes


1 comment:

  1. So many cupcake shops are a BIG LETDOWN. The only place we've tried and really LOVED so far is HOUSE OF CUPCAKES in Princeton, NJ. Keep the Faith and keep up the reviews! I need to know when you find the good one!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Kittens i love getting comments so please don't hesitate to leave your opinions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...